We strive to make our policies and conditions clear, fair and concise. Please read the following clauses carefully before placing a booking with us:
All bookings you make on this website are made between you (referred as “customer, passenger, client”) and Banjo Tours (referred as “we, us” in this contract). By booking a ‘service’ with us, you are considered to have agreed to the present Booking Conditions which are legally binding under Bolivian and international law and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis.
2. PRICING STRUCTURE
All prices published on our website are final. You have two different options regarding the pricing of our services. Generally, the higher the number of participants in a group, the lower the price for each individual.
- Option a) join an existing group or attempt to form a new one (this works best if you need to reduce your spending as much as possible and/or if you are a small party of one to three persons). The final price you will pay will be decided according to the final size of the whole party and you will be able to choose whether to go ahead with booking or not. Such prices according to the size of the group are published on the tour description page. Note that this is the least flexible option since you may have to consider changing your available dates in order to be able to join other people on a common date and departure is dependent upon the confirmation of all participants.
- Option b) be ready to pay whatever the price published for a specific service is according to the size of your own party. This gives you the flexibility of choosing your own date and guaranteeing your departure immediately. You still have the option of keeping your group “open” in case other people want to join you on the same date. If that is the case, your final balance will simply be adjusted according to the final size of the party or an applicable refund of the difference will be provided (for half or one day trips this is the only option available) but if the opposite happened (no other people joined your group) your departure is still guaranteed upon receipt of the applicable balance according to the size of your own party. Alternatively, if you would prefer a private group, you may choose to keep your date “closed” meaning that no other people will be allowed to join your group provided you make full payment of the amount according to the size of your own party.
3. DEPOSIT PAYMENT FOR MULTI-DAY TRIPS AND/OR OTHER SERVICES REQUIRING A DEPOSIT
You are required to pay a minimum, non-refundable, fixed deposit per person for our multi-day tours or other services in order for your booking to be confirmed. The amount of this deposit varies according to the type of service but you are informed of this amount at all times. By agreeing to pay the required deposit, you and Banjo Tours agree to the following:
- You agree that by paying the deposit, you are confirming your participation in the tour, trip, activity and/or service and that all deposits made will be non-refundable under any circumstances (see our Cancellations and Refunds policy).
- We agree that by receiving deposit payment from you, we are obliged to fulfill the tour, activity or service that you paid the deposit for, upon receipt of the applicable balance, unless the tour, activity or service is cancelled either by you or us according to our Cancellations and Refunds policy.
Please note that if you are joining a group on a shared-basis, payment of a deposit does not automatically guarantee your participation in the tour until the rest of participants have completed payment. In the case of private groups, your deposit payment does guarantee your departure immediately unless it is not possible for us to run the trip for reasons outside of our control in which case our Cancellations & Refunds policy will apply.
The balance must be paid before departure in CASH either in United States Dollars USD or Bolivianos BOB at our office in downtown La Paz, Bolivia or to the designated person (upon written confirmation from us) on the first day of your trip/service.
5. FIXED-DATE DEPARTURES
Some of our trips have a set departure date/price that is provided by us based on factors that make it necessary to do so for the convenience of our customers (e.g. season, weather, demand, etc.). These dates generally cannot be modified unless specifically requested by our customers.
These trips can only depart as long as the minimum number of participants has been reached or if the client is willing to pay the corresponding amount according to the size of his/her party.
In the unlikely event that you have booked for a fixed date and we were not able to reach the minimum number of customers necessary and it weren’t possible to run the trip/service, we will offer you an alternative date or a prompt refund if applicable.
6. FLEXIBLE-DATE DEPARTURES
Some trips have a flexible departure date. The departure date may be requested by our customers or suggested by us, but the actual departure could take place on any given date (except on selected national holidays which we will advise).
Dates are most flexible when requested on a private-basis by our customers (e.g. customer selects his/her date of choice). However, customers must be aware and willing to pay the respective price according to the size of their party which will be higher if the number of participants is lower.
Dates are least flexible when forming groups of unrelated people in order to make up a group and make a departure/price viable. Customers might need to change their preferred dates if able, in order to join a larger group for the departure to become viable.
7. PRIVATE TOURS AND REFUNDS FOR SHARED TOURS
All tours offered by Banjo Tours are on a shared-basis by default. By booking a tour with us, you agree to share vehicles, boats, guides, restaurants, accommodation and other facilities with other customers and local people if applicable. If you book any one of our trips the date will remain open for other people to join by default unless you request the opposite. If other people join your group on your chosen date, you will be immediately notified and will be entitled to a refund (if applicable) or a lower, adjusted balance according to the final number of passengers in the group. If no other people join your group on your date, the tour will depart normally and you will be required to pay the balance according to the number of passengers in your group. Note that we do not and cannot be responsible for the personalities, nationalities, religion, sexual orientation, etc. of the other participants if you choose to join a group. You do so by free will and at your own risk but we will naturally ensure at all times that a respectful and responsible relationship exists among all participants to the best of our ability.
8. FULL PAYMENT FOR DAY TRIPS AND OTHER SHORT SERVICES
For some of our tours and/or services, full payment is required at the time of booking. This is the case for most day trips and day tours. Upon receipt of total required payment, the tour and/or service has a status of CONFIRMED and you agree to the following:
- You agree that by making full payment, you are confirming your participation in the tour, activity or service required and such payment is non-refundable except partially in applicable cases (see our Cancellations and Refunds policy) and only when we have received a written cancellation request by you
- We agree that upon receipt of payment in full, we are obliged to fulfill the trip/service in a timely manner, unless we have to cancel for a valid reason in which case the service is considered “CANCELLED BY US” and a refund or credit will be applied according to our Cancellations and Refunds policy
9. SOLO TRAVELLERS
Solo travelers are welcome to book all of our tours or request tailor-made services. Solo travelers must be aware that most tours require a minimum number of customers booked in order to depart but they can also depart with a minimum of one person provided the person is willing to pay the respective price for one passenger.
Alternatively, solo travelers should try to encourage other people to join him/her given that prices are lower the more people in the group. We attempt to form groups in order to allow solo travelers to join an existing group or form a new one in order to make his/her payment lower but we cannot always guarantee this.
10. CANCELLATIONS BY BANJO TOURS
We may cancel a tour or service at any time prior to departure. A cancellation at any time prior to departure is possible if, due to social and political instability, terrorism, natural disasters, or other events beyond our control, it is not possible for us to operate the planned tour or service. If we cancel a tour and/or service, you can transfer the amount paid to a different departure date or receive a full refund according to our Cancellations and Refunds policy.
In circumstances where the cancellation is due to events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs (see Cancellations and Refunds policy). Banjo Tours is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance or non-refundable flights.
11. CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER
If you cancel some of or your entire tour and/or service, your forfeit any deposit paid. If you have made a full payment, you may be entitled to a partial refund but such cancellation will only be effective when we receive written request for the cancellation at least 15 days prior to the commencement of the service. Please see our Cancellations and Refunds policy for details.
12. BOOKING AMENDMENTS
If you would like to switch from one tour to another or transfer your booking to a third party you must notify us at least 15 days prior to the proposed departure date but we cannot guarantee availability nor that we will able to honor your request (amendments are not possible for bookings made less than 15 days). There will be no switching or transfer fees so long as there is no change in the type of service or departure date or there is availability on a different date or group.
Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the trip.
13. CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
14. SMALL GROUPS & MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Most of our tours are guaranteed to depart once they have one fully-paid traveller unless minimum group size is specifically stated on the tour or service page/email. On our day trips and day tours where full payment is required, tours are guaranteed to depart even with only one paid traveller. In cases where you may have made a deposit and we were not able to fill a tour with the minimum number of people, we reserve the right to cancel the tour at our own discretion and you will be communicated in due time, as well as receive a full refund of your deposit, although we will do our best to depart regardless, where feasible.
15. ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING AND CONFIRMATIONS
Once we accept your booking you will be issued a confirmation invoice via email. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue this confirmation invoice. Please refer to your confirmation email for details regarding final payments (balance, etc.).
If you fail to show at the agreed place for a pre-booked tour or service, there will be no refund of any deposit or payment that you might have made. See our Cancellations and Refunds policy for more details.
17. PAYMENTS AND CREDIT CARDS
All credit card payments are processed by PayPal. All major credit cards and certain debit cards are accepted. There are no additional fees to the prices we publish and/or confirm when you request a booking with us. You do not need an account with PayPal in order to pay with your credit card, but you may be required to sign up for a new account depending on the country from where the booking is made. All payments are processed using their system and therefore, outside our servers, therefore your payment information is not visible to us at any time; therefore, we do not store your credit or debit card information as we never have access to it.
18. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All our tours and services include what is specifically stated on the product/service page, which typically is:
- The services of a tour guide or group leader in our multi-day trips according to the package of your choice
- All accommodation as listed in the What’s included section of the tour page
- All transport as listed in the What’s included section of the tour page
- Meals as listed in the What’s included section of the tour page
Anything not listed in the What’s included section of the tour/service page is deemed to be under your responsibility including:
- Airport transfers, taxes and excess baggage charges unless otherwise specified
- Meals other than those specified in the What’s included section of the tour page
- Regular and alcoholic beverages other than those specified in the What’s included section of the tour page
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses and extra services or tours
21. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel insurance is compulsory for all travelers taking a tour, trip and/or service with Banjo Tours. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation. We will not ask to see proof of your insurance for our day trips and day tours, although you are/will be notified that you must have insurance. For multi-day trips you must provide proof of your travel insurance prior to commencing the tour; you will not be able to join the trip without it.
22. ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
You acknowledge that the nature of our tours and services is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places and taking part in activities where the physical and psychological challenges may be greater than those you may be used to on a regular basis.
It is your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with the social, language and political issues of our country and you acknowledge that your decision to take our tours and/or services is made taking into consideration this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks involving participation in these activities. By placing a booking with us, you explicitly agree to our Waiver Release of Responsibility which is legally binding.
23. CHANGES AND FLEXIBILITY
You acknowledge that the nature of our tours and/or services requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. It is understood that the itinerary provided for each tour and that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events within or outside our control. Any changes will be notified in a prompt manner to you and will be done for the benefit of all the participants.
24. APPLICABLE LAW